[Vision2020] [link added] We, Intoleristas . . .

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 2 18:06:21 PST 2013

Well, I'm giving you mad & sincere kudos nonetheless  J

You also wrote:

"Thanks for 'sticking your head into this conversation' with your opinion."

LOL - I'm going extend to you the opportunity to at least temporarily
retract your thanks  J  I've been working on a couple of posts about gun
violence that might make you wish I'd crawl back under a rock  J  I hope to
find time to finish them sometime before another year rolls along.

In the meantime, I do want to repeat a link that you posted because for
those who didn't have time to check it out, it's definitely worthwhile & I'm
grateful you shared it with us.  I misplaced your post & just found it the
other day (that'll teach me to pull something from its correct location so I
don't forget to read it!), so if anyone else lost track of it in holiday
madness, here it is along with a teaser, but don't just read the teaser -
the op-ed piece is worth reading in its entirety and echoes the sentiments
of many gun owners:

<http://ideas.time.com/2012/12/19/viewpointwe-need-a-moderate-pro-gun-altern
ative-to-the-nra/>
http://ideas.time.com/2012/12/19/viewpointwe-need-a-moderate-pro-gun-alterna
tive-to-the-nra/

A moderate alternative to the NRA would need authenticity to succeed. And
deep pockets too. It would also help if the leader of this new organization
could motivate young people to help change the status quo. (Mass shootings
may grab our attention, but day-to-day gun violence is the major reason why
homicide is the second leading <http://www.cdc.gov/features/safeschools/>
cause of death, after accidents, among young adults.) That's why I'm
nominating Mark Zuckerberg <http://topics.time.com/mark-zuckerberg/>  to
take up this cause. He's rich, he has tons of social capital, and in 2011 he
pledged to spend a year
<http://postcards.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2011/05/27/mark-zuckerbergs-facebook
-comment-on-eating-only-what-he-kills/>  eating only meat from animals that
he had killed. He said he did this to challenge himself to be more thankful
for what he has and to be more thoughtful about how we live - ideas sadly
lost on today's gun lobby.

Saundra