[Vision2020] Letter from Walter Steed

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Sun Feb 10 13:31:13 PST 2013

iw_mail p{margin:0;padding:0;}
I have a bad cold and was unable to go to the Lincoln Day dinner. I do not know the circumstances behind Walter signing the letter. It may be that the council voted to send it and Walter as Chairman, did so. I do not know. Background checks should be a good thing. I do not know if the current laws are sufficient or not. Some of the other suggestions may warrant consideration. I would be open to at least studying them. Something that should not be done is to take guns or ammunition away from law abiding citizens.This would not prevent gun crime. All of the mass shooting except one were in gun free zones. Switzerland (where all households are required to have weapons) has the lowest gun crime rate of any of the developed nations. More attention should be payed to identifying people with mental problems. I am in favor of concealed carry permits provided there is antiquate safety training.
I would also like to have all hunters receive gun safety training before being issued a hunting license. I have been in hunting camps were people talked about how many sound shots the got. It scared the hell out me. Guns and alcohol are a bad combination. I think that Game Wardens should have the authority to issue citations to any hunter that has a high blood alcohol content.  Walter as Chairman is the best thing that has happened to The Latah County Republicans. Lets not go off half-cocked.
Roger