[Vision2020] Record Moscow, Id. Feb. Snowfall: 49.5 In. 1918-19

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 15:07:37 PST 2013

Some are assuming winter here on the Palouse is mostly over, and we will
not see significant snowfall this winter.

So I wondered, what are the historical Feb. snowfall records for Moscow?
What is still possible for snowfall this winter, given history?

I was amazed to discover snowfall records from "Moscow Univ of Idaho,
Idaho" indicating in the winter of 1918-19 49.5 inches of snowfall in Feb.

Over four feet in one month!?  Is there a mistake?

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMONtsnf.pl?id6152

1918-19  0.00  a  0.00
 0.00  b  0.00
 4.00