[Vision2020] Gun Talk

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:41:10 PST 2013

I am afraid that Paul, Wayne price, Gary, etc have not acquired a great
deal of knowledge about the history of constitutional law in this country,
and hence are not able to appreciate the points that Joe and Sunil raise.

There are conflicts in the interpretation and meaning of the constitution.
These are due to the ambiguity of the language (a problem for many subjects
besides a, and in particular politics and religion) and conflicts between
sections of the constitution itself.

What Joe has been pointing out is that all sections of the constitution are
interpreted by the courts in with respect to their relationship to all
other sections.  These interpretations attempt to resolve conflicts as well
as clarify meanings.

With respect to many decisions of the Supreme Court in the latter part of
the 20th century the phrase "promote the general welfare" has been used to
make decisions on limitations on laws and rights.

The careful and objective debater might familiarize themselves with these
proceedings which can be discovered by Googling the subject before
continuing to appear like ignoramuses.

w.

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)