[Vision2020] Our racist criminal justice system

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 19:09:09 PST 2013

Wonkblog
Chris Hayes’s graph of the year: our racist criminal justice system in one chart
	* BY WONKBORG
	* December 28 at 3:00 pm
Time has its "Person of the Year." Amazon has its books of the year. Pretty Much Amazing has its mixtapes of the year. Buzzfeed has its insane-stories-from-Florida of the year. And Wonkblog, of course, has its graphs of the year. For 2013, we asked some of the year's most interesting, important and influential thinkers to name their favorite graph of the year — and why they chose it. Here's Chris Hayes's.
There's a common conception, at least among liberals, that our criminal justice system has a deep racial bias embedded within it. But even people who hold that view will be pretty shocked by this data, compiled by the ACLU in a blockbuster report this year. Though black people and white people use marijuana at the same rate, black people are much much much more likely to be arrested for possessing it. In other words: our racist criminal justice system In One Chart.
- Chris Hayes is the host of MSNBC's primetime show, All In With Chris Hayes.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/12/28/chris-hayess-graph-of-the-year-our-racist-criminal-justice-system-in-one-chart/?wpisrc=nl_wonk