[Vision2020] GOP offers no alternative

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Dec 26 04:14:56 PST 2013

Courtesy of today's (December 26, 2013) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Kurt Obermayr.

----------------------------------
GOP offers no alternative
I'd like to share how Obamacare has worked for me and my family. Three years ago we had to buy a policy, so I can compare what we got then with what we got now. The policy we were able to sign up for now was $250 a month cheaper, had a deductible that was half the old policy and a $6,350 out-of-pocket limit.
Many preventive services are covered with no charge to us, and there is no co-insurance after the deductible is met. We no longer have to bet our house we don't get sick. It took me about five hours of research and an hour to sign up for the policy with a local agent. There were a number of other policies close to our cost that covered much more of the yearly expenses, but for us the HSA was best. It was certainly easier to compare the available policies when they all use similar formats.
Is Obamacare (the Affordable Care Act) perfect? No. Is it far better than what I could get three years ago? Yes, millions of people who were uninsured were able to get covered in the first three months of the law's taking effect.
The Republicans say repeal and replace, and have voted more than 40 times to repeal the law. How many times have they voted to replace it with anything that covers a single uninsured American?
Kurt Obermayr
Moscow

"If the poor cannot afford healthcare, they should not have it."

- Rush Limbaugh (Fox News' 2013 Person of the Year)
http://open.salon.com/blog/je_robertson/2009/12/03/rush_limbaugh_says_poor_dont_deserve_healthcare

http://www.MoscowCares.com