[Vision2020] Oops, I almost forgot . . .

Janesta janesta at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 09:45:30 PST 2013

        Dictionary.com says we are all correct.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/day

day [dey]
noun
1.
the interval of light between two successive nights; the time between
sunrise and sunset: Since there was no artificial illumination, all
activities had to be carried on during the day.
2.
the light of day; daylight: The owl sleeps by day and feeds by night.
3.
Astronomy .
a.
Also called mean solar day. a division of time equal to 24 hours and
representing the average length of the period during
which<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/which>
 the earth makes one rotation on its axis.
b.
Also called solar day <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/solar%20day>.
a division of time equal to the time elapsed between two consecutive returns
of the same terrestrial meridian to the sun.
c.
Also called civil day <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/civil%20day>.
a division of time equal to 24 hours but reckoned from one midnight to the
next. Compare lunar day <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lunar%20day>,
sidereal day <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sidereal%20day>.
4.
an analogous division of time for a planet other than the earth: the Martian
day.
5.
the portion of a day allotted to work: an eight-hour day.