[Vision2020] Statement by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel on Same-Sex Benefits

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Dec 13 09:59:24 PST 2013

Courtesy of the U.S. Department of Defense at:

http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=16422

Statement by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel on Same-Sex Benefits

"On Oct. 31, I called on the chief of the National Guard Bureau to work with several states to fully implement Department of Defense policy by providing DoD identification cards to all eligible military spouses, regardless of sexual orientation.  Following consultations between the National Guard Bureau and the adjutants general of the states, all eligible service members, dependents and retirees - including same-sex spouses - are now able to obtain ID cards in every state. All military spouses and families sacrifice on behalf of our country.  They deserve our respect and the benefits they are entitled to under the law.  All of DoD is committed to pursuing equal opportunities for all who serve this nation, and I will continue to work to ensure our men and women in uniform as well as their families have full and equal access to the benefits they deserve."

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon