[Vision2020] Zimm's lawyer to ask Florida to pay up to $300, 000 in legal costs

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Aug 27 13:38:13 PDT 2013

Scott,

I have to assume (There I go again!) that while it would NOT cover the attorney fees, it would cover "costs". Those would be witness fees, transcript costs, and those types of fees. I'd actually like to see legislation that re-imburses ALL of the costs and fees, including lawyers fees IF a defendant in a criminal case is found NOT GUILTY in a criminal case.

REMOVING any questions of this, or any other particular case, I can see where a defendant who doesn't qualify for a Public Defender, could be actually be forced into bankruptcy defending him or her self, and being found not guilty. In other words, being financially "punished" by a prosecutors office, even though they are both constitutionally innocent, and being found legally not guilty. Is this the kind of system we want in the US?

Wayne