[Vision2020] PR - IMPAIRED Driving Enforcement

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Aug 26 15:41:16 PDT 2013

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
IMPAIRED Driving Enforcement

August 26, 2013 (Moscow, Idaho) - The Moscow Police Department, in conjunction with agencies throughout the state, is focusing their efforts to stop impaired drivers this Labor Day holiday period. Impaired drivers represent a risk to everyone on Idaho roadways. The overarching goal of our Impaired Driving Patrols is to progress toward zero traffic fatalities on Idaho roadways. The Impaired Driving Patrols will take place from August 25th, 2013 through September 8th, 2013.

The results of drinking and driving are often tragic. Please consider the risks to yourself, your loved ones, and to other motorists. If your holiday celebration will involve alcohol, please designate a sober driver.

If you see a drunk driver or suspect a drunk driver please contact the nearest law enforcement agency.

Remember, your seatbelt represents your best chance for survival in a traffic accident...but only if it is used properly.

Please buckle up, drive sober, and have a safe holiday.

###

Story Contact: Lt. Paul Kwiatkowski
Phone: 208.883.7067
Email: pkwiatkowski at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:pkwiatkowski at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.