[Vision2020] Race will be ignored in murder of Christopher Lane

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 25 09:24:45 PDT 2013

You know, the jury had to prove that Zimmerman committed murder beyond a
reasonable doubt.  Zimmerman didn't have to prove that he absolutely did
not do it.  It's that presumed innocent thing.

Also, the phrase "stalking him" implies a predator/prey relationship.
It assumes that he meant to do him harm.  Which is absurd on the face of
it, because he had called the police and was following him in order to
keep tabs on him so that the police could find them quicker.  People
contemplating criminal activity don't call the police ahead of time to
lead them to their location.  But "stalking him" fits the narrative,
while simply "following him" does not.

In any other world, by the way, being involved with neighborhood watch
in order to protect your community from criminal activity would be
considered a positive thing.

Paul