[Vision2020] Immigration Reform: Path to citizenship won't be easy

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 09:32:03 PDT 2013

 In order to
call something "The Path to Citizenship" it must actually be a path
that leads to citizenship.
If I understand the
position of Scott Dredge correctly, he believes that the only way a hard
working and contributing Mexican to the US economy can be a citizen in the
land his ancestors have occupied for thousands of years, is by appealing to the
United States Government and waiting 20 to 30 years. This even though he or she
is not already a citizen only because the United States Government for two
hundred years, violated its own Constitution and treaties, violated
international law, and ignored federal law, to acquire their ancestral lands
and resources through the use of illegal violence of war, rape, murder, and
physical force to leave their lands. On the other hand, if you are
white, and were simply born in the USA,
your path to citizenship was a slide down your mother's birth canal, you are
deemed worthy of US citizenship, even if all you have ever down was collect food stamps, welfare
and never worked a day in your life.

Sounds likes like a
twisted logic to me.

Donovan J. Arnold