[Vision2020] Moscow lawmaker running for Congress

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 19 16:48:16 PDT 2013

Courtesy of today's (August 19, 2013) Lewiston Tribune.

--------------------------------------
Moscow lawmaker running for Congress
Idaho Rep. Shirley Ringo intends to run for the 1st Congressional District seat next year, challenging two-term incumbent Congressman Raul Labrador.
While not naïve about the difficulties Democratic candidates face when running for state or federal office in Idaho, Ringo said the current division within the Republican Party could provide an opening.
“I think there are some moderate Republicans who are disgusted with the party's hard shift to the right,” she said. “That could open some doors, and I'm eager to test that and see how wide those doors can go.”
Ringo, 72, is midway through her seventh term in the Idaho House. She serves on the joint budget committee, as well as Judiciary, Rules and Administration and Transportation and Defense.
Prior to deciding to run for Congress, she had already decided not to seek an eighth term in the Idaho Legislature.
Crank it up for . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvMHTDH5nY0

Seeya at the polls, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com