[Vision2020] Immigration Reform: Path to citizenship won't be easy

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 18 16:07:49 PDT 2013

The Path to Citizenship doesn't address the root of the problem which is how do you force citizenship on people who don't want it?  It's almost as difficult as trying force democracy on the Iraqis.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20130527/immigration-reform-path-to-citizenship-wont-be-easy

"It's certainly not a bill that we would have written ourselves,'' said
Laura Vazquez, a legislative analyst at the National Council of La Raza,
 who nevertheless said it "makes significant improvements to our broken
immigration system. "

"The ultimate goal of the legislation we believe is to get as many
people to move from undocumented status into a path to citizenship,''
Vazquez said. "That has to be met by having a process that is real and
accessible.''