[Vision2020] Puppy finds forever home with Spokane County deputy

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 14 08:11:11 PDT 2013

Courtesy of today's (August 14, 2013) Spokesman-Review.

--------------------------------------
Puppy finds forever home with Spokane County deputy
An abandoned puppy found a new home with a Spokane County sheriff’s deputy Monday.

Deputy Marc Melville responded to a call of a man who appeared to be leaving puppies in the roadway at Thierman Road and Appleway Blvd. Monday at 4:12 a.m., according to a news release.

The caller reported seeing a man dropping an adult dog and five or six puppies out of their vehicle then driving away, Melville said. However, he only found one puppy and didn’t find the dumper.

“If I’d been able to find all of them I’d have had every single one in my house,” Melville said.

Melville said he couldn’t resist the puppy’s charms. His bright blue eyes were the clincher.

“He looked at me, he licked my nose and that was pretty much all she wrote on that one,” he said.

Melville said the puppy is getting along well with his other dogs and seems to be happy and healthy.

“I just know he’s a heart-stealer,” Melville said.

Spokane County Sheriff’s Deputy Marc Melville rescued a new puppy while he was working a graveyard shift in Spokane Valley. The puppy was abandoned on the side of the road.

Deputy Marc Melville’s new puppy, found on the road after a report of someone dumping puppies, Aug. 13, 2013.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon