[Vision2020] [corrected] It's Time for an Honest Conversation About Marijuana . . .

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 05:30:02 PDT 2013

Scott,

Have you been following the CCA lawsuit in Idaho? They are busy demonstrating why this core state function should not be privatized. Here's one story:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/05/warden_of_privately_run_idaho.html

I think this is the point Tom is trying to make: If private companies fund politicians, they are not going to change laws; they will not reduce the number of prisoners heading to prison.

I think it's more complicated than that, but I do think it's one factor in the mix.

Sunil