[Vision2020] Prepping . . .

Sam Scripter MoscowSam at charter.net
Mon Aug 5 20:29:13 PDT 2013

August 5
Moscow

My wife and I found the news stories about the megaloads [plural]
misleading. We were in the valley on July 31 and found our way down
river on US-12, then back across Red Wolf Crossing to the Port of Wilma,
viewing the two loads staged there. We could not get close because of
"security" present.

Yes, there was ONE BIG LOAD, but where was the other that the news
writers kept mentioning. The last story I read stated there were TWO
225,000 lb loads. Where was the second big load?

The second load must be the much shorter one, painted brown, or drab,
clearly showing in the photo you attached to your email awhile ago, Tom,
to the left of the long white load.

I have attached here a larger photo, taken from the other side of the
river, designed to be blown up [no pun intended] on screen for more
detailed viewing. You can see part of the smaller load, partly hidden
behind the big white load, to the right side of the scene.

In this view, the pusher vehicle is to the far left. Partly obscured to
its rear -- left edge of photo -- are stacks of what appears to be heavy
concrete objects, I presume for traction and control, if needed. I say
that is the "pusher" end, because when at the Port of Wilma I observed a
very large caution sign mounted to its rear, left picture edge, warning
of the oversize load. Thus the far right of the photo is the lead
vehicle, also with a stack of concrete appearing weights.

Sam Scripter

--
Sent from hp dv4t-3000 Beats Audio Edition