[Vision2020] Rush Limbaugh Or Mortimer Snerd: Pay Your Money And Take Your Choice

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 10:29:11 PDT 2013

Rush Limbaugh: Tech bloggers 'hate' Apple
 [image: Brandon Griggs, CNN]
  By *Brandon Griggs*, CNN
updated 12:31 PM EDT, Mon August 5, 2013 | Filed under:
Mobile<http://www.cnn.com/TECH/mobile/archive/>
  [image: Right-wing commentator Rush Limbaugh:]
Right-wing commentator Rush Limbaugh: "Nine out of 10 bloggers writing
high-tech hate Apple."
 *STORY HIGHLIGHTS*

   - Rush Limbaugh says "9 out of 10 bloggers writing high-tech hate Apple"
   - Limbaugh compares Apple to the GOP because both are under attack by
   liberal media
   - Limbaugh: "Google, Android, and Samsung are the equivalent of the
   Democrats"
   - Some tech reporters questioned Limbaugh's knowledge of the tech
   landscape

  *(CNN)* -- Apple, that icon of left-leaning Silicon Valley whose board of
directors includes former Democratic Vice President Al Gore, is really a
symbol of the Republican Party.

Rivals Google and Samsung, meanwhile, are more like Democrats.

Got that?

This analysis comes courtesy of Rush Limbaugh, the conservative talk-show
host, who ventured into the unfamiliar world of tech punditry last week. On
his radio show Friday, Limbaugh went on a curious rant about how tech
bloggers are overrun with liberals who hate Apple -- not unlike, in his
view, how the mainstream (translation: left-wing) media covers the GOP.
 Apple profits fall but beat expectations
 Could an 'iWatch' make Apple cool again?

"I would venture to say that 9 out of 10 bloggers writing high-tech hate
Apple. Apple is the equivalent of the Republicans on these blogs, and
Google, Android, and Samsung are the equivalent of the Democrats. They're
perfect, they can't do anything wrong, they're ideal, and everybody hates
Apple," he said, according to a transcript posted on his
website<http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/08/02/tech_blogs_start_noticing_media_bias>
.

Limbaugh added this opinion of tech bloggers: "I'd say most of them vote
Democrat. Most of them think they're young and hip, pop culture hip. That's
high-tech, of course it would be. Republicans to them are probably aliens
from Mars, racists, sexists, bigot homophobes."

The right-wing commentator went on to accuse pro-Google, pro-Samsung
bloggers of "faking data, faking news to make it look bad for Apple when it
really isn't." He added that a small minority of pro-Apple bloggers are
starting to write about this "media bias," even though "they don't
understand it."

Limbaugh offered no explanation for why so-called liberal bloggers would
favor Google and Samsung over Apple.

His comments prompted some head-scratching among tech reporters who
questioned Limbaugh's knowledge of the tech-media landscape.

"Yes, there are certain bloggers who obviously favor one company or
another," wrote Chris Matyszczyk for CNET. "But the idea that 9 out of 10
bloggers regularly toss rancid red tomatoes at Apple, while Tim Cook is
trapped in the stocks and pleading for his life, seems a trifle stretched."

Others took issue with Limbaugh comparing Apple to the Republican Party.
While Apple has evolved from a scrappy, counterculture startup into a
wealthy corporation that's a darling of Wall Street, it's been more
historically aligned with left-leaning causes. Its late co-founder, Steve
Jobs, often expressed support for Democratic candidates.

And still others poked fun at Limbaugh's comment, in describing the tech
sites he reads, that "some of these blogs have actual websites."

"I dunno about anyone else, but when I want a real nuanced take on the tech
industry, I go to Limbaugh," said Henry Tsay
<https://twitter.com/tsayguy>on Twitter.

"Rush Limbaugh says that Apple is like the Republican Party. That grinding
sound you hear is coming from Steve Jobs' grave," added Twitter user Brand
Gamblin <https://twitter.com/brandg>.

When asked by a listener to identify which tech sites and bloggers he was
talking about, Limbaugh declined.

"Folks, I've thought about it, and there's nothing to be gained by it. If I
call 'em out, all they're gonna do is get happy that I'm giving them
attention ... it's not gonna change them," he said. "They don't need more
readers. The more readers they have, the more damage they would do."

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
art.deco.studios at gmail.com