[Vision2020] Arctic mean temperature anomoly

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 12:46:25 PDT 2013

I posted about this a few weeks ago.  At the time, the mean temperature above 80 degrees N had not yet reached the expected modeled line.  Well, it still hasn't, really.  It touched it at a few points.  I've attached the graph so you know what I'm talking about.  What normally happens is that the mean temperature crosses the blue line (0C) and then see-saws about the green line until later in the summer.  Right now, it is heading back down to the blue line, well before it normally would.  The extent and area graphs are also showing an up-tick, and have (at least momentarily) stopped their drop towards a new sea ice minimum like happened last year.

I don't know that conditions won't suddenly change and start the graphs in a sudden downward spiral.  It does look interesting, though.  I haven't seen this kind of behavior in the other graphs going back to 1958.

Has anybody heard anything about this?  What do the climatologists say about this?  I did a basic search, but haven't found anything yet.

Paul