[Vision2020] Latah GOP censures party chair

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 26 12:25:30 PDT 2013

Thanks for sharing, Tom.  The article makes some things very clear to me.

First, the Latah County GOP has ripped the mask off the notion that Moscow City Council elections genuinely are non-partisan elections.

Second, the current Latah County GOP isn’t at all interested in compromise even amongst themselves, let alone amongst residents of the county – they prefer to be just a bunch of big bullies who care only about their own partisan interests and not about the majority of Latah County Republicans specifically -- let alone the majority non-Republicans -- that don’t wear brown shirts and march in lockstep with the teabagger contingent.

Third, the teabagger contingent so determined to eat their own is apparently too stupid to look at how Latah County in general and Moscow specifically votes, and I’ll give them a clue:  they are not a majority here.  Their kind of crap might play well in some parts of the state, but neither Latah County nor Moscow fit into the “wingnut batsh*t crazy” market.  While they can apparently successfully destroy their local party, they will never be successful at dominating this county or the City of Moscow.

Fourth, does anyone else wonder why it’s only Steed who is under fire for his participation on the Moscow City Council???  If the Latah County GOP precinct committeemen want to play that game – which they clearly do -- it seems to me the rest of the GOP contingent should be taking the same fire for the same actions – it’s not just the county chair they should be gunning for.  Yet, the other GOP council members are immune.  That’s definitely food for thought.

Fifth, until the Latah County GOP gets its house in order, folks had better start paying attention – very close attention – to who they vote for, particularly for non-partisan local offices.  Because the Latah County GOP failed to stand up for decency and chose instead to welcome with open arms the theocratic whack-a-do crowd (AKA the teabaggers), they’ve gotten themselves into a position where candidates from the Latah County GOP simply cannot be trusted to not be wolves in sheep’s clothing.  Are there still some moderate Republicans left in Latah County?  Probably . . . but we certainly cannot trust that the extremists controlling the Latah County GOP to tell us which are intelligent Republicans and which are their kindred nutjobs.

Let’s hope the local newspaper has the integrity to start publishing party affiliation even for non-partisan elections.

Saundra

Moscow, ID

To care for anyone else enough to make their problems one's own, is ever the beginning of one's real ethical development.

~ Felix Adler