[Vision2020] Searching house by house in Boston

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 21:22:50 PDT 2013

Here is a news clip showing reactions to the police going door-to-door
in SWAT teams evicting the residents and searching the houses.  People
who know me can assume that I'm outraged by this. Shut down an entire
city for two guys?  Armed SWAT team members pointing their guns at your
family?  9,000 cops in SWAT gear and loaded for bear?  Of course I'm
outraged.

But what gets me is how the people just shrug it off.  "They are doing
the right thing."  "They apologized for the inconvenience." "I'm so
happy they are doing their jobs."  How happy would you be if an accident
happened and they shot your son?

Inconceivable.

Here is the video clip:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ1-ZUN3Li0

Thoughts?  Is this really OK?  Doesn't it remind you of "papers, please"
and all the other dictatorial trappings we previously only ever saw in
movies?

Is this the new normal?

Paul