[Vision2020] Huh?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 20 21:39:42 PDT 2013

While the attempted disarmament of the colonials was not mentioned in the Declaration of Independence, it was specifically addressed where it matters, in the Bill of Rights.  I suspect they didn't write off the attempted disarmament at Concord as a tax-related problem, which is why they specifically addressed it in the second amendment in an effort to ensure that down the road the U.S. government wasn't able to disarm it's populace like the British tried to do.

Look, do you deny that the British were trying to take the arms (they thought were still) cached at Concord, and that this attempt led directly to the Battle at Lexington and Concord, which converted the entire problem into one of war rather than just unrest?

Paul