[Vision2020] Revolutionary War Lore

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Sat Apr 20 17:33:24 PDT 2013

At the risk of sounding pedantic, and freely acknowledging that the
Revolutionary War (the only boring historiography class I ever took covered
that event*) is certainly not my forte (except as it deals with Quaker
history in Pennsylvania) but I have never heard or read the argument
currently being put forward by the Bouma and the Freemen.  Here
<http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-historians-view-the-american-revo
lution.html>  is a quick, incredibly superficial examination of how
historians view the causes of the Revolutionary War.  It will take about ten
seconds to read and you will know probably all you ever want to about the
topic.  A glimmer of the historical infighting over the years can also be
sensed which is fun for history nerds like me.

Rose

*I recall the title of the paper I wrote for that class.   The paper was
easily forgettable but the title was slightly amusing to me.   I called  it
"Yank My Doodle It's a Dandy."  And, while I thought I was being such a
clever boots - the professor was a pal of mine and an excellent mentor -
got me back by asking me to share it with the class.  I didn't think I was
so darned funny then and it certainly served me right!!!!