[Vision2020] How many more rounds are we going to let this go on for?

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Fri Apr 12 13:44:29 PDT 2013

Saundra,

As to the anti-gun rhetoric,  specifically " stronger penalties for straw purchasers", I agree.

Now, there were somewhere between 77,000 and 88,000 attempts by persons who are not, by law authorized to purchase firearms, and the current background checks
came up that they were not eligible to purchase / own firearms, and the gun dealers refused to sell them firearms. Good, great, I agree with that.  BUT, of those tens of thousands of folks who were denied firearms under the current laws, how many were prosecuted by the federal government under the laws that already exist? Best case is that there were some 44 prosecutions, so that depending on which set of figures you use, somewhere between 76, 956 and 87,956 were NOT prosecuted by the federal government for violations of current gun-laws.

Now, why should there be more gun laws put on the books when the ones we have now are NOT enforced? And what about the prosecution of those federal officials that allowed and facilitated illegal firearms purchases for guns that were shipped off to Mexico? Remember "Operation Fast and Furious"?