[Vision2020] Potential modification to Latah County Land Use Ordinance

london at moscow.com london at moscow.com
Thu Apr 11 14:50:49 PDT 2013

Dear Resident,

The Latah County Planning Commission, after receiving a great amount of
input via their Comprehensive Plan modification process, has started
modifying the Latah County Land Use Ordinance to better reflect the values
that were presented to us as part of that process.  The first portion of the
code that was looked at to see if any modifications needed to be made was
land divisions.  Land divisions allow properties that are zoned Agriculture
/ Forest to gain building permits to divide for sale or transfer.  After
long deliberations, we have decided to put forth some potential ordinance
modifications.

In summary, the potential code changes allow a greater number of individuals
to divide their property while requiring that building sites within the
created parcels be located in places that are consistent with the goals of
the Comprehensive Plan.  The new policy also allows property owners to
transfer a limited number of existing building permits to other properties
they own.

These potential modifications are located on our website at
www.latah.id.us/pb .

The Planning Commission has scheduled a public meeting regarding these
changes for May 7th, 2013 at 5:30 PM in room 2B of the Latah County
Courthouse, 522 S. Adams, Moscow.  Please feel free to attend this meeting
and give your input.  If you do not want to come to the meeting, you can
give your input either via e-mail to mfuson at latah.id.us  or on our website
at www.latah.id.us/pb .

If you have any questions or want to try to set up a meeting for the
Planning Commission to come and visit a group you are associated with to
discuss this issue prior to the public meeting, please contact Michelle
Fuson at (208) 883-7220 or mfuson at latah.id.us .

We truly appreciate your input and your continued commitment to assisting us
in our planning efforts in Latah County.

Sincerely,

The Latah County Planning Commission