[Vision2020] City Council Stifles Debate

Henry D. "Hank" Johnston hearseboy85 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 08:50:07 PDT 2013

Tom, et. al.

I really hate to beat a dead horse here, but I cannot imagine why, in this
day and age, we even need to have a discussion about discrimination or even
if discrimination is “right” or “wrong”... which would have been the core
discussion on Monday.  The pro-ordinance crowd would decry the plight of
the GLBT community (also gonna take a guess that most of them are
heterosexual... actually kinda insulting to me that our progressives in
this town think they know what I've "gone through"... but thats another
topic) and the anti-ordinance crowd would have preached that God forbids
homosexuality (along with trimming one's beard but Gresham Bouma is always
cleanshaven... hmmmmm).... and you know what?

We would have arrived. At. The. Same. Conclusion.

Discrimination is wrong, we all know that, and what more would have come of
public comment on Monday night?

Nothing. Nada. Zip.

It was a 6-0 vote people... take it as a victory and move on!

HDJ