[Vision2020] Vision2020 is No Place for Open-Minded People

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 10:33:50 PDT 2013

No one should expect to be welcomed by everyone participating in a public
forum for at least two reasons:

1.  Public discourse on many issues is often a heated dispute, sometimes
wildly emotional, ego-driven, etc.  Enter public discourse at your own
risk, and if you have a thin skin or little taste for a bit combat, play
solitaire instead.

2.  Positions like the following and the persons holding them:

"The moon is made out of green cheese"
"Mental illness is caused by being possessed by demons."
"The Pope is infallible"
etc.

are crackpottery, and except for sport, are not worth the effort to respond
to except with derision.

Judd Wilson's eruption onto V2020 fits both those categories above.  And
his savior, Paul, even when prodded by cites of his self-adulating dicita
on reasoned discussion, failed to present any evidence that Wilson's
statements do not fit the 2nd category above even though Paul claimed that
they did.

And what a fine militiaman Judd Wilson would make, turning yellow and
running away at the first sign of unfriendly fire.  And running away
without even attempting to fire back by answering the questions posed to
him like what is his record of community building.

We shouldn't be surprised.  Christ Church Cult members turned tail and left
V2020 at least under their own names when they were consistently shown to
be fools.

But Paul is right about engaging certain reasonable people with opposing
views in constructive discussion.  Christ Church Cult members would be
barred from the internet if Cultmaster Douglas Wilson ever discovered the
results of private discussions which started here as public discussions
with cult apostates.

w.

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)