[Vision2020] Gresham "Boom-Boom" Bouma and Moscow's City Council

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:31:33 PDT 2013

Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting this.  It is deliciously ironic that Sir William
Blackstone, the English jurist that Bouma praises, believed that the fetus
was not a person until it "quickened" in the womb, and an earlier jurist Sir
Edward Coke held that the fetus was not a person until it was "born alive."
Incidentally, both would laugh out loud at the concept of a corporation as
a person.  Our founders, especially if they were trained as attorneys,
would have read these two men.  Jefferson also had a book in his library
that showed how Islam had influenced English law.

According to our new visionary, Bouma is a "good" man, but his crucifixion
of Walter Steed and all moderate Republicans is not the sort of civic
harmony that our new man espouses.

Yours for lots of civil discourse,

Nick