[Vision2020] Anti Discrimination Ordinance

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Apr 2 10:16:14 PDT 2013

Now that the precedent has been set for excluding public comments before legislation is passed, let me give you a "possible" future scenario, that I'm sure  a lot on this list will object to.

Lets say in the next election, there is a turn over of mayor and those members of city council that have to face the voters. And the "new" city council is very, very pro 2nd Amendment, and there is
legislation put before them that requires firearms ownership (several cities already have). Now, since the precedent has been set, why would we need ANY public testimony before city council
passed it into law? Are the voters going to say the same thing? It was a "no brainer",  it went before "commissions and committees", so why drag it out further?

This particular legislation has a history that is tainted by the process that was used, and will always be looked upon as "tainted". This is extremely important since this particular legislation has criminal penalties attached to it.

Wayne