[Vision2020] Drone discussion Violation of UN Charter?

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Sep 25 09:31:20 PDT 2012

Sunil,

I'm puzzled by the actions of the government in light of the US being
a signatory of the UN Charter, specifically Article 2 (4):

"All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the
threat or use of force against territorial integrity or political
independence
of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent  with the purpose of
the United Nations."

When viewed in light of Art VI, clause 2 of the US Constitution, which
reads:

"The Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be
made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be
made,
under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of
the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any
Thing
in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary
notwithstanding."

The US Constitution incorporates the UN Charter,  as a treaty, as part
of the "supreme Law of the Land", and as such, anything done
that violates that charter becomes unconstitutional.

Now, having said that, how does the violation of the UN Charter, i.e.
the invasion of the airspace of Pakistan, and the killing of people on
Pakistani
soil, even if done via drones as opposed to manned aircraft, meet any
kind of Constitutional justification?  Add to that the actual invasion
of Pakistan
to  kill Osama Bin Laden by US military forces, are not both of those
acts unconstitutional and subject to prosecution? Shouldn't the
President,
no matter who it is, and no matter what it is in response of, uphold
the US Constitution? And if he/she doesn't, shouldn't they be held
accountable?

Or is it a matter of the president can even ignore the US Constitution
as long as it's against someone/some country we don't care for at the
time?

Wayne