[Vision2020] HUH ? ?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Sep 24 14:05:47 PDT 2012

Courtesy of the Michigan Chronicle at:

http://www.michronicleonline.com/index.php/local/breaking-news/7541-ann-coulter-civil-rights-are-only-for-blacks

------------------------------------

Ann Coulter: Civil Rights Are Only 'For Blacks'

ABC "This Week" host George Stephanopoulos asked Ann Coulter to further discuss what he called a controversial comment the conservative pundit made in her new book: that "various groups [including] gay rights groups, those defending immigrants, and feminists have commandeered the black civil rights experience."

Coulter said that she thought that "civil rights are for blacks" because the U.S. has a "legacy of slavery and Jim Crow laws."

She added, "We don't owe the homeless. We don't owe feminists. We don't owe women who are desirous of having abortions, or gays who want to get married to one another." She said that "much of the left...dropped the blacks after five minutes" to argue for "civil rights" for other groups of people.

Stephanopoulos interrupted Coulter asking, "Immigrant rights are not civil rights?" Coulter confirmed that she only thinks "civil rights are for blacks."

She argued, "What have we done to the immigrants? We owe black people something. We have a legacy of slavery. Immigrants haven 't even been in this country."

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxJOn98cRfw

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)