[Vision2020] More than you wanted to know about the 47%

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 19:02:56 PDT 2012

I'm aware of the legal definition. I just don't agree with it because there is a difference to most people between something which is earned and given back later and something that is taken from one person who  earned it but it is given to someone else because the government legislates it. The money earned by veterans pensions and social security is someones money, the government just deducted it from their check and returns it back later. This is different than a tax cut, food stamps, and subsidized housing. I consider a tax cut an entitlement and government hand out because they are taking out their obligation to pay something they used and making future generations pay for it with interest.

A reduction in income tax from 33% to 15% for the wealthiest of Americans is the same to me as giving someone a 55% tax cut entitlement. Further, the government spends more money on protection of the wealthiest and their property then they do the middle class. We are not in Iraq and Afghanistan to protect my 401K. We are there to protect the interests of much wealthier people. And we also endure the fallout of US military occupations of nations all over the world, not the wealthiest.

Donovan J. Arnold