[Vision2020] Local GOP Opportunity to RENOUNCE Homophobic Religious Bigotry

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Tue Sep 11 23:30:31 PDT 2012

Before the debate.

SueH

From: Scott Dredge
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:24 PM
To: viz
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Local GOP Opportunity to RENOUNCE Homophobic Religious Bigotry

They don't conflict.  They're orthogonal to each other.  Gay rights is equal rights.  Conservative Christian values is whatever anyone wants it to be and it is unbinding.

Good luck with that debate.  I'm guessing the Log Cabin guy's point of reference point will be equal rights based on Constitutional law versus Doug Wilson's reference point that everyone (except himself) should follow his misinterpretations of any arbitrary Bible passages that he points to in order to justify theocratic mob rule oppression of individuals he deems as sub-human and thus undeserving of equal protections.

And I'll go out on a limb and predict that Doug will declare victory.

-Scott

> From: v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
> To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:36:51 -0700
> Subject: [Vision2020] Local GOP Opportunity to RENOUNCE Homophobic Religious Bigotry
>
> http://dnews.com/local/article_ad777013-6e9c-5698-b795-44291c0d8564.html?mod
> e=print
>
> Gay rights question debated

> Pastor Douglas Wilson of Christ Church and R. Clark Cooper, executive
> director of Log Cabin Republicans, will debate whether or not gay rights
> conflict with conservative Christian values at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the
> University of Idaho Student Union Building ballroom, 709 Deakin St. Cooper
> said he does not believe gay rights conflict, but Wilson said he does.
>
> The event is sponsored by Collegiate Reformed Fellowship, the college
> ministry of Christ Church and Trinity Reformed Church.

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

List services made available by First Step Internet,