[Vision2020] noxious chemical smell north of town?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Sep 8 02:38:18 PDT 2012

Bev Bafus informs us:

"We smelled something weird. North side of town near fire station."

----------

Which was in response to Kit Craine's statement:

"I live on Kenneth between Lynn and Logan (just north of the Troy Highway). I had to shut my windows as it was getting dark because of chemical smells."

----------

And then there's this from the "Public Records" section of today's (September 8, 2012) Moscow-Pullman Daily News:

"Moscow Police

Thursday

9:00 p.m. - Report taken for controlled substance problem, officers responded to a complaint of marijuana odor at 1500 block of Northwood Drive."

----------

Coincidence?  I wonder.

Well . . .

Being a "child from the 60s", and having had experience and familiarity with such aroma (jus' ask the Ventura County [Calif.] Sheriff's Department), I am willing to avail my services, strictly for the purposes of community awareness, in determining if this "noxious odor" is indeed that of the wily weed.

Heck!  I'll even set up a tent downwind, invite some friends over, and we can play "Guess that Smell", jus' like we did in Topanga Canyon (again, California) in years looooooong gone.

Whatcha say, V-Peeps?

Seeya on Sunday, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Wallace, Idaho

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)