[Vision2020] FW: Party of Strivers

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 15:18:44 PDT 2012

Scott,

I have no delusion that my vote will have any impact on Idaho's electoral delegates. Romney will get them, and perhaps that makes it easier for me to vote conscience. Maybe I would rationalize myself into voting for Obama if I lived in California.

I do disagree with your statement about ' leaving the extremists to easily drop into the camps of the Elephants and Donkeys.' While I think the Republicans have moved very far to the right, so have the Democrats. Both of them serve Wall Street first. Obama raced to that position immediately. He pays some lip service to the left, on such issues as gay rights, but otherwise he is center-right. His foreign policy is essentially Bush's foreign policy. There is no place for the left in his administration; it cracks me up to hear conservative commentators call him a leftist.

Here's an exchange from the interview I mentioned earlier:

CUSACK: Does that order have to come directly from Obama, or
can his underlings carry that out on his behalf as part of a generalized
 understanding? Or does he have to personally say, "You can get that guy
 and that guy?"

TURLEY: Well, he has delegated the authority to the so-called death
panel, which is, of course, hilarious, since the Republicans keep
talking about a nonexistent death panel in national healthcare. We
actually do have a death panel, and it's killing people who are healthy.
Our politics are so absurd that the Right bloviates about non-existent death panels, and no one cares about the illegal and actual death panels. Remarkable.

Sunil