[Vision2020] FW: Obama backs amendment

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 13:01:32 PDT 2012

I'm not sure that I've ever donated specifically to a campaign although I am certain in that past years that I checked the box on my tax return that asks if you want $1 (now $3) of your federal tax to go to the Presidential Election Campaign Fund.

The disclosure laws would be for the candidates themselves to disclose accepted donors / amounts so that the voters would get a clearer picture of who's back pocket the candidate could potentially wind up in.  Donors from anonymous sources might possibly be allowed up to a certain amount.  I'd guess the donors themselves would not be required by law to publicly disclose, but neither would they be prohibited from advertising such a donation as part of shameless self-promotion for example.

-Scott