[Vision2020] "I side with" website

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sat Oct 20 13:21:27 PDT 2012

On 10/19/2012 4:20 PM, Paul Rumelhart wrote:
> There is a website that polls you about your views on various topics
> and compares your answers with the candidates: http://www.isidewith.com
> <[snip]>
> It's an interesting quiz.  I suggest taking it and seeing where you fall.

Here are my first-pass, no changes or experimentation, results:

Jill Stein                88%
Barack Obama      88%
Rocky Anderson    73%
Gary Johnson        57%
Mitt Romney         53%

Idaho Voters          54%
American Voters   59%

(as of today, Sat., 20 Oct. 2012)

Stephen King told a group of aspiring writers at Yale University that
after they read something now published about which they were sure they
could write better, at that point they should consider themselves
aspiring writers. On other occasions, King has remarked that if a person
gets a check for a piece of writing, and the check does not bounce when
it is cashed, then that person is a writer.

If you are interested in public policy, and you have the impression that
you could do a better job of governance than some of the now elected,
you might receive some validation of your opinion of yourself by
clicking around the map of states at the isidewith.com site. In addition
to showing how the positions of the elected match with voters in
particular states, the site indicates how your selections match the
voters' preferences. If your percentage of agreement with a state's
voters is higher than all other politicians listed there, perhaps you
could do a better job than they.

Ken