[Vision2020] Romney's Promise of 12 million Jobs Obviously has NoEconomic Basis

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 20:22:37 PDT 2012

The way I figure it, a vote for a candidate you don't think is as suited
to run this nation as well as another candidate is a "waste of a vote".
If there is one thing on which the Dems and Repubs can agree, it's that
they should do everything in their power to lock out third-party
candidates.  See their commission for Presidential debates as an example
of this, or the legal shenanigans surrounding Gary Johnson's attempts to
get on all 50 state ballots as another.

The current system of voting ('first past the post") is widely
criticised for resulting in two-party systems, all because of this
"throw your vote away" nonsense.  If a third-party candidate can get
just 5% of the popular vote, they can get some of the funds that the
main two parties get that they can use to get their word out.
Supposedly, if they poll at 15% they can be invited to the debates,
instead of arrested for showing up as Jill Stein was. The problem is
that polls don't often ask about third-party candidates and even if they
did track those numbers I bet we'd find that the 15% value would be a
moving goalpost.

My advice is not to play into this racket.  Vote for the candidate you
think is best, and let those high-priced political consultants worry
about their candidate's political strategy.  That's what they pay them
the big bucks for.

Paul