[Vision2020] Superintendent says 'doomsday' not coming

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Fri Oct 19 17:13:36 PDT 2012

Right after the laws passed Luna's quote was that computers would replace
700 teachers just as soon as they were in place,  and he was almost right.
Good teachers are leaving Idaho and in some ways even more worrisome,
teachers with professional skills and experience are refusing to come here.
He claims more teachers got certification than left the state, but those are
two different pictures.  There aren't places for those newly certified
teachers anyway, because every school district that I know anything about
lost positions as well as teachers.  So the figure of 1000 isn't
unrealistic.  I think that's about 10% of the teaching force.   At the AARP
Forum today, EVERY Republican (except one who refused to answer, Richard
Walser) endorsed the Luna Laws.

Sue