[Vision2020] Superintendent says 'doomsday' not coming

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 19 01:12:27 PDT 2012

But, of course, Luna-the-Thug isn't talking about partnering with anything
quality like the Khan Academy, which I'm quite impressed with & have been
"taking" some lessons from myself J  For those not familiar with the Khan
Academy but always interested in learning, check out:

http://www.khanacademy.org/

I'm also completely impressed with schools that are keeping computer labs
open long hours (i.e., Eastside Prep in east Palo Alto) so that students who
don't have computer access at home can still benefit from Khan Academy
tutorials.

For more background, check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_Academy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57503560/khan-academy-the-future-of-ed
ucation

I find it incredibly ironic that had Sal Khan decided to turn his fresh
approach into a personal money-making scheme like conservative Bill Bennett
& his crappola for-profit K12 online "education" corporation, everyone would
know his name.  But, since he chose instead to work for the greater good,
very few people know anything about him or the Khan Academy.

It tells us, I think, a great deal about the values and morals of all too
many people in this country.

For an interesting read about for-profit online schools, check out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/education/online-schools-score-better-on-w
all-street-than-in-classrooms.html?pagewanted=all
<http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/education/online-schools-score-better-on-
wall-street-than-in-classrooms.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0> &_r=0

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke