[Vision2020] Amy Goodman on Green Party Presidential Candidates Arrests at Obama/Romney Hofstra Debate

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:25:53 PDT 2012

 If the Green Party candidate was in the Hofstra debate, anthropogenic
climate change would have been addressed as an important issue.  Obama and
Romney are both morally bankrupt, to my mind, for not even mentioning
climate change in the debate, as they focused on massive CO2 emitting coal
energy as an important issue. Anthropogenic climate change has become so
politically charged it's obvious both Obama and Romney are avoiding it as a
cynical political calculation.  According to the Spokesman Review (
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/sep/10/six-make-idaho-presidential-ballot/
) Jill Stein of the Green Party is on the 2012 Idaho ballot, though as an
independent.  Romney has Idaho's electors locked, thus Stein will get my
vote, as a symbolic act, though if I was in a swing state, I would have to
hold my nose and vote Obama.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/18/jill-stein-arrest-green-party-presidential-debate
Green party candidate Jill Stein's arrest highlights presidential debate
stitch-up

With Republican and Democratic connivance, a private company excludes third
parties from debates and eliminates real choice

Amy Goodman

Thursday 18 October 2012 13.44 ED

You may have noticed that the Green party presidential candidate, Dr Jill
Stein, was absent from the "town hall" presidential debate at Hofstra
University the other night. That's because she was shackled to a chair in a
nearby New York <http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/new-york> police facility,
along with her running-mate, Green party vice-presidental nominee Cheri