[Vision2020] Why is everything closed on Sundays?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 09:00:43 PDT 2012

The year 2012. Most people have Sundays off. It is the perfect time to shop and get things done.

Why is nothing open? Even if you go to church on Sunday, don't you still need soap, furniture, electronics? Isn't the best time to get it done on your day off? So really, must the entire world run at 1/2 pace on a day when we can shop, put things together, hook them up, and have time to play with our toys with our friends and family? I hate that I cannot get a decent haircut on a Sunday when Monday is the start of the new work week. I dislike not being able to shop until well after 10AM or later. Same goes with getting a prescription filled, my pain doesn't stop for Sunday, sometimes it is worse depending on what happened Saturday night. Like I have time during the week to wait 3 hours for a prescription to be ordered and filled? And Lord help if your car breaks or gets a flat on Saturday night, you gotta wait till Monday to get a working vehicle.

Lets open up on Sundays, I mean really, who goes to church all freaking day anyway? Imagine all the jobs that would be created as well. Department stores and banks need to open when we got the time. Please, all stores and service businesses stay open on Sunday, I really want to give you my money.

Donovan J. Arnold