[Vision2020] What could possibly go wrong . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Nov 29 21:14:16 PST 2012

Courtesy of NBC News at:

http://tinyurl.com/8j75z6a

-------------------------------------

Students with gun permits get segregated dorms at University of Colorado

University officials have amended their student housing contract at its Boulder and Colorado Springs campuses to accommodate students who are 21 years or older and have concealed-weapons carry permits, said Ryan Huff, public information officer with the University of Colorado's campus police in Boulder.

"If you have a permit, you can carry a concealed weapon on campus, as long as its hidden away from view, and you can even have it with you in class," Huff told NBC News. "What you can not do is have it on you at a ticketed event, such as football games, or in any of the residence halls on campus."

The university’s policy change comes after the Colorado Supreme Court upheld an appeals-court decision in March that struck down the university’s ban on guns.

“I believe we have taken reasonable steps to adhere to the ruling of the Colorado Supreme Court, while balancing that with the priority of providing a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff,” CU-Boulder Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano said in a statement on the university’s website.

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com