[Vision2020] Android Help?

Sam Scripter MoscowSam at charter.net
Sat Nov 24 22:42:54 PST 2012

Saturday night, Nov 25, 2012

Hello, V2020 readers.

RE: Files attached to emailwith a Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone

Is there any one of you who can email me off-list, to solve my
smartphone problem?

No longer can I view or download images imbedded in emails nor
attachments to emails.  [Of course this means I can see the contents of
less than half of Tom H's missives, now that he sends so many in that
sending-convenient style.]

I am running a Samsung Galaxy Note [Predecessor to the 'Note II',
recently released.] When I got mine last April, it was running
'Gingerbread', Android 2.3.6. About a month ago, I upgraded the OS to
'Ice Cream Sandwich', Android 4.0.4.

I'm using the email app supplied by Samsung.

In the beginning, it worked just fine. I could view, plus download and
save attached graphics and files.

Now, I don't see them. If I try to downloadthem, it goes on forever,
never completing the download.

So I'm wondering if there are some "settings" I don't know about, that
got changed when I upgraded the OS?  I've searched through many settings
on the device but have found nothing that helps. Maybe there is a
setting that is not obvious to me? And I don't know where to research
this problem.

So, HELLPPPP!!!!!

Sam Scripter
MoscowSam at charter.net