[Vision2020] another litmus test

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Tue Nov 20 13:17:44 PST 2012

On 11/20/2012 12:19 PM, Tom Hansen wrote:
> Or Arizona's "Papers, Please" act that permits law enforcement
> officers to demand immigration papers from somebody simply because
> they look Hispanic and place them in jail if they do not have
> immigration papers in their possession.
>
> It's a good thing that Idaho doesn't have a "Papers, Please" act.  Do
> you know how many Idahoans look Canadian?

It used to be that an Idaho native could get from the Vital Statistics
office of the State Department of Health and Welfare a light blue
plastic card, credit card size, that served as an Idaho birth
certificate. I don't know if that is still the case, but those born in
Idaho after 1911 are able to get a birth certificate from them, and may
be able to get a plastic wallet card, too.

Those born elsewhere might inquire of their natal state's analogous
department concerning their policies and products.

Ken