[Vision2020] Obama's Keystone XL moment nears

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 14:46:14 PST 2012

Forwarded to Vision2020, exactly as it appeared in my email.

Ted Moffett
------------------

**
                    [image: Take Action!]
<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990771&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=1>
  Clicking here will automatically add your name to this petition to
President Obama:<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990772&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=2>
*  "If you are committed to fighting climate change, you must reject the
Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. You simply cannot have it both ways."
<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990772&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=3>
*    Automatically add your name:
<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990772&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=4>
   [image:
Take action now!]
<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990772&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=5>

 Learn more about this
campaign<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990771&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=6>
      [image: CREDO Action | more than a network, a movement.]

 *It's decision time on Keystone
XL.<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990771&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=7>
*

Dear Ted,

Now that President Obama has been re-elected, he's got a choice to make.

And in the wake of the devastation caused by the climate-change-fueled
Superstorm Sandy, it shouldn't be much of a choice at all.

* He must reject the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline.*

President Obama will likely decide early next year. As he looks to his
priorities in his second term, and to the legacy of his presidency, we need
to send an immediate, unambiguous message right now.

* Tell President Obama: Reject the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. Click
here to automatically sign the
petition.<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990772&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=8>
*

President Obama did his best to remain silent on climate change throughout
the campaign — and instead extolled the virtues of expanded drilling,
expanded fracking, mythical pollution-free coal, and his administration's
approval of the southern portion of Keystone XL.

* But Sandy forced his hand, and even the president had to acknowledge in
his acceptance speech our desire to live in an America that "isn't
threatened by the destructive power of a warming planet."*

The choice is now with President Obama. He can approve a pipeline that will
"XL" climate change and extreme weather like Sandy by doubling production
of the dirtiest and most destructive oil on earth — or he can reject that
pipeline, and actually commit America to sources of energy that do not
worsen our already too-volatile climate.

* It simply is not possible to have it both ways. Tell President Obama:
Reject the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. Click here to automatically sign
the petition.<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990772&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=9>
*

On November 18, thousands of people will be gathering at the White House to
deliver this message to President Obama1 and let him know that the movement
that delayed Keystone XL last year is still here; that we still hold him to
the promises he made in 2008; that tackling climate change must be a top
priority of his administration.

As Superstorm Sandy — along with the recent record droughts, wildfires,
storms and floods — have made all too clear, our action against climate
change must be rapid and ambitious.

What it can not include, is a pipeline that will help unleash the more than
240 gigatons of carbon stored in the carbon bomb of the tar sands, when
most scientists agree we can release no more than 565 more gigatons if we
are to maintain a livable planet.2

Failing to fight climate change by approving the Keystone XL pipeline is
not just an irresponsible act. Enriching a foreign oil company, when doing
so will do clear damage to the residents of our nation, is a clear failure
of leadership.

* It is time for President Obama to draw a line in the tar sands, and
reject the Keystone XL pipeline. Click below to sign the petition to
President Obama:
http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990772&p=kxl_test&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=10
*

Thank you for fighting climate change.

Elijah Zarlin, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action from Working Assets
<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=11&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=11>

1. "November 18th: A Call to
Action<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6989839&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=12>,"
350.org
2. "Global Warming's Terrifying New
Math<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990773&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=13>,"
Rolling Stone, July 19, 2012
   ------------------------------

[image: Facebook]<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990774&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=14>

 *Share on Facebook*
Post to your wall<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990774&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=15>

[image: Twitter]<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990775&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=16%27t%20have%20it%20both%20ways%20on%20climate%20change.%20Reject%20the%20Keystone%20XL%20pipeline%20http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FUFvh5m%20%23nokxl>

 *Tweet this*
Post to Twitter<http://act.credoaction.com/r/?r=6990775&id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx&t=17%27t%20have%20it%20both%20ways%20on%20climate%20change.%20Reject%20the%20Keystone%20XL%20pipeline%20http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FUFvh5m%20%23nokxl>
             © 2012 CREDO. All rights reserved.

To remove yourself (Ted Moffett) from this list, please visit our
subscription management page at:
http://act.credoaction.com/s?i=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx

To change your email address or update your contact info, please visit:
http://act.credoaction.com/subscrip/coa.html?id=50437-4707961-fKaIlSx