[Vision2020] Some of the comments are wonderful!

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:50:24 PST 2012

   [image: CNN Politics] <http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/>

  [image: Barbour: GOP needs a 'proctology exam']
  November 14th, 2012
08:46 PM ET
   7 hours ago Barbour: GOP needs a 'proctology
exam'<http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/14/barbour-gop-needs-a-proctology-exam/>
[image: killough.mugshot.4]
Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough<http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/tag/cnns-ashley-killough/>

*(CNN) –* While Republicans continue to soul search after their party's
loss in the presidential election, former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour
injected a new term Wednesday to describe the GOP's introspection.

"The ground game is really important, and we have to be, I mean we've got
to give our political organizational activity a very serious..." he said,
taking a pause and looking for the right word. "Proctology exam. We need to
look everywhere."

*– Follow the Ticker on Twitter:
@PoliticalTicker<http://twitter.com/politicalticker>
*

Speaking at a conference for the Republican Governors Association in Las
Vegas, Barbour said his party needs to not only adapt to demographic
changes but also reform its messaging.

"We can catch up in four years doing this," he said. "This isn't rocket
science, but it is hard work that we can't wait and start in 2016."

The party needs a "brutally honest assessment of everything we did," he
added. "We need to take everything apart and look at all of it."

Like other Republicans in recent days, Barbour stressed the importance of
being more inclusive to Latinos, African-Americans and other minorities.
Barbour in particular chided the party for its tone on illegal immigration,
saying many illegal workers contribute to the economy and comprise an
important part of society.

"What are we going to do? Send them home? Send five million people home and
then try to figure out how to replace them? We need those people to do
those jobs," he said, adding the issue can be resolved "if we'll just
follow good economic policy."

"But," he continued, "then we have to follow up with Latinos and show them
that we want their vote - not only that we're for good policy, we want
their vote. We need to do the same thing with African-Americans."

President Barack Obama overwhelmingly won the Latino vote over Mitt Romney,
taking 71% of the group. Among African-Americans, the president won 93%,
according to CNN exit polls.

Furthermore, the Republican National Committee has
stated<http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/09/rnc-chairman-mulls-second-term-as-party-begins-major-review/>it
will undergo a major review of the party's performance in 2012.

Filed under: Haley
Barbour<http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/haley-barbour/>
 • Latinos <http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/latinos/> •
RGA<http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/rga/>
   sound*off* (72 Responses)

   1.  *Frank*

   Yep, it takes seeing his party getting shellacked in an election for a
   Mississippi Governor to overcome racist bigotry long enough to admit that
   illegals are a critical component of the US agricultural labor force. Well
   done, Barbour, even though it's 2012. It's not going to help your party
   much though – the GOP is about 70% bigots and has no chance of embracing
   class, race, and gender equality by 2016. A lot of them didn't even vote
   for Romney because they didn't consider him to be a Christian! Lol!
    November 15, 2012 01:06 am at 1:06 am |
    2.  *steve harnack*

   so when is this introspection slated to begin? So far all they are doing
   is insulting the majority of Americans and making very lame excuses,
   excuses from an alternate reality where it was President Obama that
   suppressed voters and not the GOP legislatures in all of the battleground
   states (with help from ALEC); the storm did it ; Obama gave things away(
   even though the Congress appropriates all monies); and I would go on but
   I'm getting dizzy from all of the spin. They need to do two things. 1) Wait
   for the 75+ year old fossils to die off, and 2) Get a divorce from the
   entertainment/news wing of their party and impose a gag order on the
   proceedings.
    November 15, 2012 01:06 am at 1:06 am |
    3.  *Jeremiah*

   Soul searching? Is there somebody who doesn't understand that
   Republicans scared people with their statements about rape, women's health,
   religion, education and even economy. They have to understand that the
   world is moving forward. Next 4-8-12 years will bring more and more voters
   who don't want to live in the past while being brainwashed with religious
   dogmas and aynrandian ideas. Unfortunately "conservatives" (by definition)
   have problems with adapting to the ever changing world.
    November 15, 2012 01:32 am at 1:32 am |
    4.  *SN*

   Finally, someone came close to saying it the way it is.
    November 15, 2012 02:29 am at 2:29 am |
    5.  *perrochato*

   Good Idea! I'm taking patients and your covered now. I promise I will be
   gentle.
    November 15, 2012 03:25 am at 3:25 am |
    6.  *TravelSheryl*

   You need to start at home by not doing totally ignorant things like
   releasing murderers from prison. You would have been all over a Democrat if
   he did something so stupid.
    November 15, 2012 03:27 am at 3:27 am |
    7.  *Donkey Party*

   Apparently Romney didn't get the memo. He's out there telling his
   campaign donors how the greedy minorities, women, and the youth stole the
   presidency for Obama. Too little, too late, the GOP is headed toward
   extinction.
    November 15, 2012 04:57 am at 4:57 am |
    8.  *Gary*

   Barbour's comments for Romney during the campaign also helped Obama's
   win, maybe all of the surogates that are now complaining were part of a
   conspiracy for a Romney loss.
    November 15, 2012 05:01 am at 5:01 am |
    9.  *Collin*

   A another thing you can do is to stop referring to everyone who votes
   democrat as lazy government hand out parasites. It's almost as if
   republicans have just now realized that minorities are allowed to vote.
    November 15, 2012 05:52 am at 5:52 am |
    10.  *LakeRat1*

   The Republicans have already been performing "Proctology exam"s. That's
   where they found all their presidential candidates during the primary!
    November 15, 2012 06:24 am at 6:24 am |
    11.  *darthmeow504*

   Perhaps they'll find their head while they're looking around up there.
    November 15, 2012 06:28 am at 6:28 am |
    12.  *Wes Thompson*

   Barbour said the only thing that wasn't a lie about any Republican. That
   statement was the GOP needed a proctology exam. Amen to that, that is
   probably where you will find the brains of most Republicans; maybe
   Obamacare will cover a surgical procedure call proctobrainoculary snif lift.
    November 15, 2012 06:30 am at 6:30 am |
    13.  *NATHAN WIMBERLY*

   They need to get rid of the tea potty. 2014 will look like 2012 if they
   don't.
    November 15, 2012 06:31 am at 6:31 am |
    14.  *bess moore*

   They need a mental exam also. Godless creatures All! God bless America!
    November 15, 2012 06:37 am at 6:37 am |
    15.  *sick of republican phonies*

   He IS correct- a proctology exam will reveal the location of the
   republican party's head.
    November 15, 2012 06:38 am at 6:38 am |
    16.  *margie stephens*

   they are so funny !! they still don't get it–it's not enough to talk the
   talk-you gotta walk the walk and a little empathy and compassion wouldnt
   hurt–thats not "mesaaging" its actions
    November 15, 2012 06:43 am at 6:43 am |
    17.  *flowmyfears*

   So long as prominent Republican's are able to court Limbaugh, that
   bloviating tick of a man who makes his fortune enriching and mining the
   very worst seams in America, who used his radio show to characterize the
   first nonwhite president as Barack the magic negro, they will never get
   this 'negro's' vote. They pander to racists (recall 'Spanish is a ghetto
   language' Newt?) then act surprised when the targets of their rancor turn
   out to defeat them. Frankly, unless something changes the entire lot should
   be driven into the sea. And no Mitt, I didn't vote for Obama because he's
   offered me gifts, I have no use for a handout. The insensitivity of Mitt's
   nasty dismissal of the women, the youth, the African Americans and Latino
   citizens who voted against him perfectly exemplifies everything that is
   wrong with the GOP.

   Being conservative doesn't have to mean being racist, misogynist,
   xenophobic and homophobic. And the GOP doesn't need a makeover as many seem
   to be suggesting. The entire body needs to be tossed on a slab and
   examined, and all the rotting bits need to be completely excised.

   That's one option. the other is oblivion.
    November 15, 2012 06:46 am at 6:46 am |
    18.  *TomInRochNY*

   They also need a crow bar to get their heads out.
    November 15, 2012 06:50 am at 6:50 am |
    19.  *USMCJock*

   As a republican, this sounds like the GOP will try to do its famous
   repackaging of the same ol' tired policies, by pulling a Scott Walker:
   Running moderate campaigns from the middle, not divulging the real agenda,
   gain enough cross over votes then when in office, go back to far right
   extremist positions; attacking social issues (i.e. collective bargaining,
   etc.)
    November 15, 2012 06:54 am at 6:54 am |
    20.  *onlyfacts*

   How about a tea party enema!
    November 15, 2012 07:03 am at 7:03 am |
    21.  *vlbuch23*

   A fine place to start in this process is getting rid of Reince Preibus.
   I'm still trying to figure out why they fired Steele. After all he led the
   party to the largest house turn around in history. Preibus on the other
   hand, was a vitriolic figure at best. He didn't hesitate or flinch about
   lying to his base about the smallest things. The Republican party will
   never get the AA vote and may never get the Latino vote. They don't care
   about these two constituencies and these groups know it.
    November 15, 2012 07:21 am at 7:21 am |

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
art.deco.studios at gmail.com