[Vision2020] [Spam 5.61] Re: Polls 'oversampling' Democrats?

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:29:12 PST 2012

Hi Paul,

One of the election columns that I did not have time to write--and
still intend to--is entitled "Barack the Brave: 'W' on Steriods."  I
have collected a lot of notes for and against the drone attacks.  The
issue turns on whether or not the drone targets are legitimate
combatants in the undeclared war on terror.  I tend to say "No," but I
have to work through all the material first.

Earlier on in his presidency I wrote a column critical of Obama  (see
attached), and my vote for him on Nov. 6 was neither unconditional nor
unqualified. As I have already posted, the on-line political test you
recommended indicated that I should have voted for Jill Stein, and I
would have if we had a parliamentary system.  My stand against the
Patriot Act and for a carbon tax tipped me into the Stein camp.

There are many dangers confronting this nation, but the most immediate
one is the economic disaster that would have come from a Romney
administration.  I simply believe that for good people to vote Third
Party in states such as Ohio, Virginia, or Florida on the basis on one
issue only (albeit a significant one) is a mistake.  Nader votes in
Florida may have cost Gore the 2000 election and we could have been
saved from the disasters of the Iraq War and the Bush tax cuts.

Deep down I'm a pragmatist in economics and politics.

Nick