[Vision2020] PR - Citizen's Police Academy

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Fri Nov 9 09:18:47 PST 2012

[City of Moscow Color Logo 0409]City of Moscow
Administration
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208-883-7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Title:  Citizen's Police Academy

November 8, 2012 (Moscow, Idaho)

The Moscow Police Department will be holding its 13th Annual Citizen Police Academy from January 23th to April 17th, 2013.  This eleven-week course meets once a week to provide an opportunity for citizens to learn and experience the law enforcement profession while enhancing communication lines to those citizens we serve and protect.  Course topics include police history, the criminal justice system, patrol procedures, traffic & drug enforcement, criminal investigations, use of force, firearms training, and emergency vehicle operation.

Classes are held in the Police Station briefing room at 118 East 4th Street.  Applications are currently available at the Moscow Police Department Lobby from 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, seating is limited.  The deadline for receiving applications will be Tuesday, January 9th, 2013.  Those interested in receiving further information can call Officer Phil Gray at (208) 883-7051.

Story Contact: Officer Phil Gray
Phone: 208-883-7051
Email: pgray at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:pgray at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.