[Vision2020] third party candidates

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 18:09:24 PST 2012

If I lived in a swing state I would have voted for Obama again. But since I don't, I voted for Jill Stein of the Green Party. I don't think the problem is that we need more political parties. I think what we need is more accountability from our elected officials. They are all bought off by corporations and are allowed to get away with blaming others in the opposing party for their failure to deliver responsible legislation. If anyone of us couldn't get our work done at our place of employment because we didn't get along with 50 percent of our coworkers we would be fired. So should they.

Office seekers should only be allowed to spend money donated to them by their constituency. If a private corporation wants to express their approval or give an endorsement of a candidate or issue, let them produce their own advertising saying so. They should not be allowed to stuff the pockets of elected officials and candidates for public office with limitless amounts of cash. This might as well be bribery in my opinion.

Donovan J. Arnold